Craigard House Hotel is a 'B' Listed Victorian mansion with superb views overlooking Campbeltown Loch. The town lies close to the famous Mull of Kintyre and is warmed by the Gulf Stream, meaning that the temperature is higher than the norm; there is little or no snow or ice; and the plants and foliage are luxuriant.
Of the thirteen bedrooms, the occupancy is arranged as follows:
- One four poster Master Bedroom Junior Suite - sleeps 2 in a super king double, with the option of an extra bed (bow window front sea view)
- Five family rooms (double or king size double) with one single bed (all but one with sea view)
- One family room with king size double and two single beds (front and side sea view)
- Five double rooms (two with sea view)
- One single room
We have free WiFi Wireless Internet Access in all rooms and public areas, as well as a dedicated PC and printer for guest use.
|Craigard Lounge and Bar
This comfortable room personifies the country house ambience. Squidgy chairs, books and magazines, some toys & games, and a choice of music and wide-screen TV on tap. Aperitifs and after dinner drinks are enjoyed here, or just spend a peaceful hour - enjoying the view of the busy sea loch.
This bright and cheery room enjoys a wide south-facing sea view through the magnificent bow window. Like the Craigard Lounge and Hall, the Lochside Restaurant retains many original features, perhaps the most striking being the exuberant ceiling boasting plaster bluebirds and ivy leaved swags. The colourful fireplace casts a rosy glow.
|This room seats a maximum of 34 but, in certain circumstances, for larger parties, can be extended to include the adjoining Craigard Lounge. See the Events section for details of other options.
The South facing location is ideal for that summer drink, while watching the boats and wildlife.
'For the convenience of the sea traveller, three Yacht moorings are anchored in the sea to the front of the hotel. For reference, these are located on the North Shore of Campbeltown Loch, roughly midway down the Loch. We welcome sailors in the Lochside Restaurant – and future plans for the hotel include the provision of showers and drying room.
Please call us to arrange collection at airport or other local venue. If the hotel vehicle is busy, we will organise a taxi for you.
Craigard offers extensive parking facilities, both immediately adjacent to the hotel and in a large new car park to the rear of the building.
Sometimes your work or your leisure pursuit may necessitate a packed lunch. Please ask the evening before and we will be pleased to organise this for you.
This is all part of the service we provide, where required. Please ask for details.
Something out of the ordinary?
Just ask! We will do our very best either to do it – or tell you who can!
Proposals for the future...
- Cyclical refurbishment programme of existing bedrooms/bathrooms;
- Kitchen and washroom extension;
- Ambitious glazed Restaurant extension overlooking the Loch - to cope with the increasing popularity of Chef Michael Staniland's succulent brand of local cuisine;
- Private dining / meeting room and increased Residents' Lounge area;
- A further new development of family bedrooms to rear of property;
- a Bar area / Conference room in the Old Coachhouse, with paved patio and seating above;
- Terracing and landscaping of the extensive gardens
For any other enquiries please click here.